The Salmon Bay Eagles has an opportunity for an experienced Bar Manager who has the skills and passion to operate, maintain and supervise the daily working operation of the bar and Social Rooms and event space by managing the inventory of merchandise and supplies, supervising the bar staff and providing excellent customer service for members and guests. This position is authorized to work up to 40 hours per week and reports directly to the Salmon Bay Eagles Board of Trustees.
The Manager will be responsible for the following duties, and all other related duties given by the Board as they see fit for a smooth and profitable operation of the Bar/Social Rooms, and for the enjoyment of the Aerie, Auxiliary and guest.
- Overseeing bar, kitchen, rental event service, with particular attention to completing and enforcing Covid-19 safety protocols
- Adhering to and updating regular sanitation and maintenance guidelines for daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly duties
- Ordering and maintaining inventory of all such supplies as needed to maintain an adequate inventory for Bar/Social Rooms to operate smoothly and without interruptions (liquor, bar stock, custodial supplies, etc.)
- Managing register operations
- Count and reconcile all tills and cash banks used daily;
- Assure all tills and cash banks have correct, necessary change.This may require travel to a banking facility for change
- Establish and maintain a price list and an inventory control system;
- Scheduling employee work hours so as to provide adequate coverage to assure prompt service for all functions during the hours of operation
- Manage volunteer sign ups and schedules for events, fundraisers and promotions
- Training of employees including but not limited to opening and closing procedures, time sheets, register operations, completion of daily summary, checking and verifying official receipts, receiving payments of dues, registration of visitors;
- Preparing weekly time reports for all employee payroll to the Secretary
- Preparing weekly Profit and Loss report including all income and expenses, including labor and liquor costs, and submit it to the Board.
- Responsible for verifying membership status for all members, signing in guests and processing new and renewed membership dues
- Responsible for bookings of the upstairs for rentals including but not limited to maintaining schedules, promoting, showing the room to prospective renters, completing rental agreement, and collection of deposits and rental fees
- Enforcing and assuring all employees under your supervision the Aerie By-Laws, House Rules, Washington State Liquor and Gaming Laws pertaining to the operation of the Bar/Social Rooms and all approved activity in these rooms;
- Meeting with the Board twice a month (2nd and 4th Weds) and additionally as needed to review reports, make suggestions, recommendations and/or changes regarding staff, supplies and/or procedures to ensure a smooth running, profitable and enjoyable operation;
- Maintain policy, training and protocols for gambling and liaise with club’s Gambling Manager for operations
- Conducting yearly performance appraisals with each employee. Appraisals shall be made part of the employee’s personal record and reported to the Board.
- Working with diverse personalities both on the staff and patrons.
- Diffusing tense situations between patrons or staff members to prevent possible safety or legal issues, ejecting unruly persons, if needed.
- Maintaining a fun, safe atmosphere for patrons
The Manager must have a King County Food Handler’s Permit and a Washington State Dept. of Liquor and Cannabis Board certification as a bartender/foodservice person and a minimum of 2 years of service experience in a bar, restaurant or fraternal order setting.
- Experience with Square or similar register system
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- High attention to detail and has an affinity for numbers
- Willingness to work during peak hours, including nights, weekends, and holidays
- Effectively delegate responsibilities and maximize resources
- Ability to walk, stand, and occasionally carry heavy items
- A current member of the Fraternal Order of the Eagles, Aerie or Auxiliary member
- Experience in a managerial role, or experience managing staff
- Please submit an up-to-date resume to email@example.com
- Cover letters are welcome if you would like to detail your qualifications, should they differ from those listed